Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp laserjetp1102w
Android 4.4 KitKat

when attempting to print get message that the document printed however nothing prints

the mobile device recognizes my printer. my email is registered to cloud (similar to air print)

the mobile app is hp eprint ver 4.0.1

thanks so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@learning4

Thank you for replying,

I will certainly have the concerned team notified so that we can make the apps useful going forward 😉

I'm glad you've found a solution that works as of now.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@learning4

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the document does not print with hp eprint,

Don't worry, as I will make an honest attempt to help resolve your concern,

Here's a video on how to setup ePrint and the same should resolve the issue: Click here

For a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here

And here are the steps, you can go through (if the video seems boring 😛 )

Step 1: Check HP ePrint setup requirements

Step 2: Turn on Web Services

Step 3: Obtain the printer's email address

Step 4: Printing with HP ePrint

The HP ePrint service handles print jobs by sending documents and photos securely to the printer via email. You can send print jobs from your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone as long as you have an active Internet connection and an email account.

For more details: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for writing.

The eprint app indicates it sees my printer. and indicates it is printing. then indicates 'one document printed' but nothing comes out of the printer

my printer has no email address. it has an ip address.

hp eprint found it.

I have an email address and this was used to register the app hp eprint.

documents are first sent to hp cloud prior to printing

then to the laserjet printer

in the printer the blue internet light is steady

wireless works fine from pc to printer

the hang-up is moble printing

the app finds my printer fine as the app says hp laserjet p1002w then the ip address 192.168.1.67

perhaps the issue is this: once upon a time did a diagnostic and an ip of 192.168.1.64 was shown

it says PRINTING for a few minutes then it indicates CORRECT ONE DOCUMENT PRINTED then in messages it says:

1 document printed in hewlett-packard hp laserjet professional p 1102w 192.168.1.67

but I see no document

HP Recommended

@learning4

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

To confirm, does this mean the eprint is setup and has the message - "printing" but doesn't print?

Or does this mean, its printing and the document is blank?

Please verify for further assistance.

Also, if it's mobile printing - Print from your Android smartphone or tablet, or iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with HP ePrint by sending an email with your printer's email address to your web-enabled printer.

Go through the details listed under the Print from a smartphone or tablet listed on the same link i posted earlier for details.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

allow me to add: I updated the firmware which was not up to date; then enabled web services as recommended in the video; then registered in hp eprint or hp connected and now have an email for the printer.

still nothing prints.

seems the solution to my problem lies elsewhere?

HP Recommended

the app says printing. then finally says one document printed at hp laserjet with my ip address which is correct as the configuation print out ran today shows the same ip for the printer as the app hp eprint.

the printer does not respond. it stays with its' blue light on and does nothing.

I will try the email thing but would prefer to print from hp eprint

Will let you know

thanks

HP Recommended

yes it works to send the document by email to the printer. THANKS

can you still help me with the hp eprint app?

HP Recommended

@learning4

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

Here's an alternative app you can utilize for e-printing: Click here for details.

Use the HP All-in-One (AiO) Printer Remote app for Android and Apple iOS devices to set up your printer on a wireless network,
print and scan photos and documents, and troubleshoot printer issues.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the all-in-one and it failed.

I removed both hp eprint and the hp all-in-one apps from my mobile as both consumer phone memory (they do not load on the external drive) and neither work.

that I can print from the mobile with the email thing it confirms my wireless set up is fine.

hp apps are useless.

b.t.w. making an app load on the external card is no big deal.

mine does. try it. It's called About CancunSteve and is on Google Play. And it's free.

I thank you for your help.

At least thanks to you I can print from my mobile using email.

The problem all along was two things: my printer software was not up to date and your useless apps for mobile

HP Recommended

@learning4

Thank you for replying,

I will certainly have the concerned team notified so that we can make the apps useful going forward 😉

I'm glad you've found a solution that works as of now.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.