Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M180nw
iOS

Hello. I have a new HP Color LaserJet MFP M180nw and I'm trying to print an eBay label from my iPhone. When it prints out the top section, the postal code area, tracking barcode and very bottom text is covered in blue and or gray depending on color/b&w settings. As of two days ago, the labels were printing to my old Brother printer just fine. Today, when I print from my Chromebook everything is fine. The printer is new and all the updates were installed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gxg01

Thanks for replying.

It could be an application compatibility issue or an update related issue. Ensure your iOS device is updated. 

HP Smart is built to enable the printer capabilities to its optimum level and you'll have more options when compared to AirPrint which has just a basic print capability.

Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS) to learn more on the usage of HP Smart App.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gxg01, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues printing labels on the printer. To provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-

What happens when you print regular documents?

Are you using the HP Smart App to print or the AirPrint option?

Does the print preview look good?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! Regular documents are printing fine and the print preview looks like it should. When I print from my iPhone it comes up automatically so I'm going to assume it's the AirPrint option. I just downloaded and used the HP Smart app and it printed perfectly. I guess it's an AirPrint problem. It would be good to know why it's not printing correctly, but I can use the HP Smart app in the future.

HP Recommended

@gxg01

Thanks for replying.

It could be an application compatibility issue or an update related issue. Ensure your iOS device is updated. 

HP Smart is built to enable the printer capabilities to its optimum level and you'll have more options when compared to AirPrint which has just a basic print capability.

Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS) to learn more on the usage of HP Smart App.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.