Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

IT IS THE PROBLEM OF ORANGE NOTCH WHICH WILL BE ON CATRIDGE,IF NOT PROPERLY REMOVED OR SOME PART LEFT OVER AT SIDE SENSOR THEN THIS ERROR COME....

HOPE U ALL GET TH ANSWER...........................HUM HEY RAHI PYAR KE PHIR MILENGE CHALTE CHALTE

HP Recommended

Have been using for quite a while, did not change anything, all of a sudden error message on and printer will not print.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

I  have a Laserjet M1522nf  MFPand I'm using a non-hp laser toner,  which I have used for a while with no problems at all . This time, once I replaced the toner, it started with the supply error message.

I downloaded the firmware update from HP website  as suggested. Now I do not get the error message but periodically, say every 5 to 10 min, the printer/scanner intializes itself automatically, just as if it has been turn on - I even get a sound message from Windows XP. Is not always the same time, like now it has been a bit lonnger. 

I printed a test page fine so I think it will work ok for me but why the initializing - just as when I turn it on. 

If anyone can tell me, it would be  a great help

RaulM
HP Recommended

My printer is brand new -- just out of box (LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer @ $260).  When I removed the orange tab, out comes a long piece of clear tape, which I also removed (as the HP diagrams seems to indicate should be done).

However, I am still getting the error message.

Could it have to do with the absence of a rectangular piece of bright orange plastic that I removed when I took the toner cartridge out, and didn't know how to put back in?  It looks like a mini-tray, and is approx. 1" by 6" long.  Couldn't figure out exactly how to reattach to the cartridge and am not sure of its purpose.

Will the printer work despite this "10.1000 supply memory error"?  What are the drawbacks?

HP Recommended

The orange plastic piece and clear tape are meant to be removed when installing. Is toner cartridge a HP one that came with printer ? Non-Hp toners will give this message but you can still use them. Remove cartridge and check if there are orange tabs or clear tape stuck inside. Re-install and test.

HP Recommended

My error message is gone now, once I dowloaded the firmaware for Laserjet M 1522 nf from HP website. But, ever since then, the Laserjet will  self -initialize every 1 1/2 hor or so and at times, while going thru the initialization, it will egt hung up and freeze. Then I would need to shut it down and it will be ok, so far.

I'm not sure why this is occurring nor do I know of any troulbeshooting software to handle it. Tried HP but after taking me thru several hoops, was told that it is out of warranty, so no help unless I pay. Typical of HP

To get by, now I just keep it off and only turn it on when I need it but that is not a solution.

If anyone has had this or knows anything about this situation, please let  me know. I laready posted  a message about the self -initialization but only got a response from someone from HP, that this a business equip so directed me there and posted there also. So far nothing.

RaulM
HP Recommended

Yes - exactly right!  That was NOT evident to me from the diagrams!  Printer is working now...

HP Recommended

Dear sir 

error message 10.1000 supply memory error flashing is display with printer hp m2727 MFP 

what can i do to fix it

regards

HP Recommended

This is  a chip error code.

Normally appears soon after changing toner cartridge.

Removing the orange strip will solve it because the chip becomes uncovered (and therefore readable).

If no orange strip is present i have solved this by replacing the chip on the toner.

I have heard that firmware updates can resolve the issue but i cannot confirm this, i have solved the issue 4 times in total - every time by replacing the chip on the toner.

Hope this helps anyone in need of information.

------------------------------

Source: Works for large international ink cartridge and Toner manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Thaks sooo very much, that fixed my problem. Of course like other people already pointed out you would think they would have this problem which seems quite common and occurs very often would bother to be listed in the error or "common" errors section of their manual. Of course not, why would it be! Only one thing I wouldn't call or describe it as an orange notch. Rather plastic orange piece around the print nozzle (cause it's not really a cover either, since it open over where the nozzle actually is and does not completely cover it.) Also, one other thing. How does this in any way what so ever have to do with a "supply memory error"? I can see it causing an error of some sort but one relating to memory? I don't see or get the corolation. Thanks again anyways.

Jennifer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.