Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Just bought laserjet M1213nf MFP and  installation done by the HP reseller engineer. From first use after power on every time this error is flashing

10.1000 Supply memory error

To accept press OK

After pressing OK this error keeps flashing at regular interval. The printing etc functions are OK, what can be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just take out your toner cartridge. If you find an orange color notch on the left side, just remove it. Re-insert the cartridge and restart the printer . This should resolve your issue.

Gops

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

Well I sure can't tell you because I bought the same printer and have the exact same problem! The only difference is I powered the printer up BEFORE I ever connected it to the computer and got this message. And, surprise, surprise, the worthless manual doesn't even mention this error.

I hope we both get and answer.

HP Recommended

Just take out your toner cartridge. If you find an orange color notch on the left side, just remove it. Re-insert the cartridge and restart the printer . This should resolve your issue.

Gops

HP Recommended

and suppose there's no orange notch?  What then?

HP Recommended

Yup tried to download the firmware update from june 2011, no dice.  UGH

HP Recommended

Thanks, your post saved the day!

Was getting frustrated in trying to find solution, was concerned if faxes were being missed or being sent incomplete, message didn't make since.  The error message should have displayed "Remove Orange Tab from print cartridge!".

Who would have thought the answer was so simple!

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

It seems that the Orange plastic is preventing the printer from sensing a sensor behind it, for that it gives the error message. I removed the Orange Plastic and it gives me ready status.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer to "supply memory error flashing"  I just purchased this from Staples and got it all set up, but kept getting this message.  I have removed the orange tab and it is working fine.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  it was just what was needed.

HP Recommended

HP COLOR LASER JET CP1515N

10.1000 SUPPLY MEMORY ERROR

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.