Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
150nw
Other

I need the factory reset procedure for the laser color 150nw.

printer admin page wont let me login after changing default login details from U: admin P: <empty>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I took it back for a refund, the software is just awful, totally untested garbage.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

come on HP support this isn't hard... please supply the reset info.

HP Recommended

@oliver9523,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to reset the printer to factory settings.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps to reset the network settings and this should reset the password.

Here is how it is done.

Press and hold the (Wireless) button on the control panel for about 20 seconds. When the (Attention) LED and the (Power) LED start blinking together, release the (Wireless) button.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No that doesn't work. I need the full reset procedure to reset the admin password in the web interface.

HP Recommended

@oliver9523

I have sent you a private message with the Steps to perform a Reset

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I took it back for a refund, the software is just awful, totally untested garbage.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have applied what you dived, however I was not able to reset to factory settings. Could you please send a detailed explanation about resetting of HP150nw to factory settings?

HP Recommended

Dear Sir/MAdam,

I have also same problem. Could you please also send me the steps to reset the factory settings of HP 150nw?

HP Recommended

@Polyscience

This model doesn't have option for Semi Full Reset. You can perform a cold Reset

Press and hold the GO & JOB CANCEL button while powering on printer. After all the LEDs are blinking, release buttons.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please could you go into more detail on how to reset my HP 150nw, so that I can reset the admin password as I have mislaid it?

The buttons on the printer control panel are labelled "Wireless", "Resume", "Cancel" and "Power". I have tried a couple of combinations whilst powering on the printer, but these have not worked.

Many thanks for assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.