ashelriverman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to get rid of magenta streaks on paper

cm1415fnw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am getting magenta streaks on sides of paper. I ran several cleaning cycles, but did not help. I pulled cyan cartridge out and found magenta on both ends of roller. Used soft paint brush to remove and this helped foe a few pages, now streaks are back, checked cyan cartridge again but looked okay. Any suggestions please.

2 REPLIES 2
Macmac55
Level 4
134 130 9 13
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It very well could be your magenta toner.  If you can post a example photo of your issue that would help the most.

It can also be your transferbelt 

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
3,594 3,580 358 754
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have magenta only streaks then most likely your magenta cartridge is the problem. When toner leaks it can get dragged from one cartridge to the next making it appear that the problem might be the cyan cartridge but there is only one place the magenta toner can come from.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation