Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro 200 color m251nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a hp laserjet pro 200 color m251nw that was working well.  We have barely used this printer and have only recently consumed the toner cartridges that came with the printer.  

All of a sudden every page that feeds into the printer jams on every single print job.  Usually the paper is half way out of the feed tray when it jams.  

I can't find any fixes for this anywhere.  CAn someone help please?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

heres what you want to do, print a couple documents using the drop down (MP) tray.  does the paper progress without issue?  if so, the problem is with the bottom half of the printer, most likely the pick up assembly itself or the pick up roller.  remove the tray and look up & underneath, you'll see the roller right there.  is it worn smooth? dirty? cracked? missing? any of those could cause your issue.  use some isop. alcohol and a lint free rag to clean the rubber on that roller.  IF, its jamming from even the MP tray, the problem could be deeper, like a bad gear or drive assembly.  

HP Recommended

I’ll check those few items....but this printer does not have a drop down feed tray .

HP Recommended

I’m getting a jam in output bin error.

the paper is actually not stuck and exits the printer. But the printed page starts printing too low on the page.  It’s as if the page is delayed in getting picked up by a tiny bit and although the paper exits the printer it registers as a jam because it did not exit soon enough.  

HP Recommended

OK,

I got the manual and was able to remove the three rollers (pick, separation, and transfer rollers).  They din't appear to be toast but I really dont know what to look for.  I wiped them down and put them back in but have the same issues.

When I get the jam error and the printer promts me with a clear output bin error its as if the last set of rollers that dump the paper into the output bin are shuting down too soon and not expelling the paper.  

Could the rollers be toast eventhough I have barely used the printer. 

HP Recommended

Hi Tommytman,

You mentioned that the print doesn't start at the correct position on the page. This makes me think that the problem starts with the registration roller and sensor. I am attaching a video I made. Hope this helps your situation. 

Download Attachment

Available until Oct 3, 2019

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.