Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

not sure if this is the right board for this, so please move the thread if not.

I am trying to download a firmware update for am M1212 MFP, and when I go to the following link for the update, I get a message that says its only good for another machine...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3965...

"This firmware update utility is for the HP LaserJet M1130_M1210 series printer only. The firmware version can be found on the Self Test / Configuration page. The configuration page can be printed by ..."

Anyone know where I can get the update for an M1212? Unfortunately, a similar problem led me to mistakenly install drivers for M1130_M1210 machaines. In the process a firmware update was done done and now my printer blinks the green and yellow LED, repeatedly says initializing and is not resonsive to the key.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks

kevin

46 REPLIES 46
HP Recommended
Hi kevin,

The firmware you linked is the correct firmware for your printer. You have a M1212, which is part of the M1210 "series".
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you Gordon,

Unfortunately, I am still not able upload the firmware, because the printer will not respond. My printer seems to be stuck in an endless loop of initialization. The display reatedly say "Initializing..." with tha blinking green and yellow led. I have tried pressing the right arrow and cancel button during the power up cycle. This caused the display to say "Permantent Storage int"  followed by a promt for the language followed by a prompt for the country. After that howeverthe endless init loop starts again.

When I plug the printer into usb window7 repeatedly tries to install a new printer at the same rate the of the printer init loop.

Any further help would be greatly appriciated.

kevin

HP Recommended
A reset may help in this situation. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Turn the product off.

2. Press and hold the Cancel button (red x) & Copy button (button under Cancel button) at the same time, and then turn the product on.

3. When the message Permanent storage init. appears on the control-panel display, release the buttons.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks Again Gordon, however pressing the cancel and copy buttons during a power up cycle did not help. In fact using the cancel and copy buttons only provided the Permanent Storage init. It did not continue to the Language and Country prompt which I get when powering up with the cancel and right arrow buttons pressed.

Any more suggestions or do I throw it away and no long wonder why HP stock is down so far?

thanks

kevin

HP Recommended

At this point, I recommend to either service the printer, or have it replaced. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, you can go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool.

-If your product is in warranty, contact HP.

-If your product is out of warranty, click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.

HP Recommended

Well thanks for your time Gordon. It's sad to think this all occured because I tried to install the drive/utilies app on a second computer. The machine worked great before that and now will go to land fill. I will buy another print but not an HP.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I thought it was caused by a power surge (which was also suggested by the HP tech person with whom I spoke on the phone).  But this occurred at the same time that I was installing the software/drivers on a new Windows 8 desktop, so I am now thinking that it was caused not by the power surge, but by the upgrade.

The hard reset does not work.

HP offered to replace it for me with a re-furbished model and a 2-year warranty for $145.  But I'm not confident now that I won't have the same problem.  So it's off to purchase a different model.  (maybe HP, maybe not - we'll see what they have at the store.)

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues as you on my m1212nf after trying to install drivers on a new computer.  It is now stuck in an initializing loop as well.  Hard reset doesn't do anything and firmware can't be installed because there is no detection.  So much for HP products and their support.

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to my M1212nf when I tried installing the printer software package on a new computer.  Previously it had been working just fine with a Windows Vista, Windows 7, and LinuxMint systems.  Too, bad.  

Goodwill where I live takes non-working electronics which is better than the landfill.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.