Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 4L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is the Laserjer 4L supported in Windows 10? After a Windows 10 update the printer wouldn't print and shows an error mode on the diagnostics.  I once before fixed this problem by disabling the firewall (Norton) and shutting down and then reopening and the printer would work and I could put the firewall back up.  Don't understand why this worked but it did.  After another Windows update this trick didn't work and the printer shows the error mode.  Is there a way to get it to print again? I've looked at the HP site for printers supported in Windows 10 and after roaming around the site I found a listing that the Laserjet 4LC isn't supported.  Is the 4LC the same as the 4L? Is there any way around the problem of getting it to print again?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet 4L is very very old ......

Can it print when you press the blue button?

If it can then it's alive.

You can use HP universal driver PCL5 it should work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.