Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
lj pro m252dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a newly purchased Laserjet pro m252dw, its been working for a few months now and all of a sudden it stopped working. I can browse to its management screen, i can ping it, etc, etc. when i try to print, nothing happens, and when i click on the icon in systray and try and connect, i get this error,. Its solidly on the network, i haven't run wireshark yet, but just knowing i can ping and browse to it makes me think this is NOT a network issue. I have attached a screenshot of my error.

any insight would be appreciated

rrHP Printer error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you set the printer up with a TCP/IP port, windows 10 can uninstal that port in the print driver and add a WSD port.

find your printer in the devices and printers folder, right click on it, choose printer properties, then check the ports tab- is it a TCP/IP port or WSD? WSD ports work in some offices and not others, this will usually occur after a windows update

your image is not showing so I can't tell what the specific error is, but I encounter this problem almost on a daily basis now

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you set the printer up with a TCP/IP port, windows 10 can uninstal that port in the print driver and add a WSD port.

find your printer in the devices and printers folder, right click on it, choose printer properties, then check the ports tab- is it a TCP/IP port or WSD? WSD ports work in some offices and not others, this will usually occur after a windows update

your image is not showing so I can't tell what the specific error is, but I encounter this problem almost on a daily basis now

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.