Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp 426 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have many files i have to print  including both legal and letter size documents and want to print the complete file without stopping at each change in paper size, the legal and letter are mixed throughout the file. Printer has 2 paper trays but i keep finding myself having to manually get up and replace the paper when prompted or printing stopped.  How do I set this up?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Likeulikeit 

Depends on the printer model.

I believe some laser printers provide the ability to select the source by page size.

Printers with "426" in the model name include,

For example, if the feature is supported on your printer, the following might work for you...

Open document with Adobe Reader DC

Click open the print icon

Select the option Choose paper source by PDF page size

Manage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1DManage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1D

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Yes it was already selected to choose by pdf page type but i still got to manually change paper sz when prompted

HP Recommended

@Likeulikeit 

If your printer supports the option, check the Embedded Web Server (EWS) for the Tray and Paper settings.

Check to see if the tray / paper settings can be set to use one tray or the other.  This is not what you are asking - but the setting, if it is set to exclusive tray selection, might impact other features.

NOTES

1. Wording, selections differ by printer, of course - if your EWS supports the suggested option(s), they may not be in the same location or be exactly as shown in the example. 
  2. In particular, Laser printers are usually quite different from InkJet printers and their features and options reflect these differences.

Example - Officejet Pro 9025 > EWS > Tray and Paper Management

9025_EWS_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_19025_EWS_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_1

For those reading,

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Category  How to > Select Topic:  Print > Select Subtopic:  Instructions & Settings

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.