Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
mfp m277dw

printer is starting to  79 service errors and does a reset

doing a power reset on printers cleares up issue for 12-24 hours but it starts re occoring.

is the a board failure or can a sotware update correct the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @sbdaddy – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are getting error 79 with the LaserJet printer. Did you try to update the printer firmware?

If not, go to http://hp.care/2psbT2D to download and update the printer firmware. Restart the printer once done.

If the issue persists, then I’d request you perform a complete reset on the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, @sbdaddy – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are getting error 79 with the LaserJet printer. Did you try to update the printer firmware?

If not, go to http://hp.care/2psbT2D to download and update the printer firmware. Restart the printer once done.

If the issue persists, then I’d request you perform a complete reset on the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having the same problems as the post above.   My HP 277 flashes Service Error 79 while printing first couple of pages of a 10 page job and then shuts off with paper still in the paper path.

I tried updating the firmware to the latest version, but that has not solved the problem.  You mention doing a full reset in the accepted solution -- how would i do that?

THank you

HP Recommended

@ivid,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to perform a reset on the printer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As the steps to perform a reset are confidential and specific to your printer. I will be sending you a private message please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello The_Fossette , I have found these amounts on Google, I have exactly the same problem with my HP MFP 277 DW. Can you also send me a message how to reset the printer? Best regards, Thomas Müller (Germany) Translated with Google

HP Recommended

@Thomas08289,

I will be sending you a private message please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi i have the same problem but it began with print failure error message 

now i got the error code 79 i updated to the latest software but not resolved kindly advice

HP Recommended

I too am having issues with my laser jet pro pro mfp m277 dw, and the error 79. It seems as if it first started with the printer simply cancling orders from my computer nigh immediately after recieving them (or maybe they didn't even get through), but printing from a usb did still worked. Now that doesn't work either. I have run every diagnostic and updated the drivers. I have turned it on and off a fwe times too. That PM with the full reset would be real helpfull. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.