Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet PRO MFP M148dw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

my HP LaserJet Pro (MFP) M148dw cannot find my printer in HP Easy Start. The blue wifi icon on my printer is flashing, and the menu Wireless only offers the option on/off. Of course I selected on. Printing the configurationreport informs me that there is no network in use. A wifinetwork 'DIRECT-24_HP M148 LaserJet' has automatically been created on my Mac but no WPA2 password is available (not in my keychain settings), nor have I been asked to create one. On my printerdisplay I cannot create/access selecting a wifinetwork, as there is only How to proceed? SSID just states SSID without any 'HP-setup'

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Using the arrows navigate the menu to locate Network Settings and then click OK, select Wireless Menu and press OK.

Select Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the steps on screen to connect to your network, then follow HP easy Start again.

If you do not find a Wireless Setup Wizard option as listed, from the Network Settings select Restore Defaults and press OK, confirm any prompt and the printer will restart.

Now follow HP Easy Start by selecting a wireless connection.

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.