Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M130fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this printer and set it up and when i tryed to print something it prints infinite copys of it untill i turn it off when i turn it back on its back to  its home page and is fine any ideas how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RandomGuyv2

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have a new HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw printer. I read that when you try to print a document, the printer continuously printers the document, You have to turn off the printer to stop the printing. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please ensure that you select the no. of copies to printed as 1. 

You may watch this HP video to change the print settings in Windows 10.

If the print settings are fine and the printer still prints multiple pages by itself then please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

You try to print again and if the issue persists then uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties window.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RandomGuyv2

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have a new HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw printer. I read that when you try to print a document, the printer continuously printers the document, You have to turn off the printer to stop the printing. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please ensure that you select the no. of copies to printed as 1. 

You may watch this HP video to change the print settings in Windows 10.

If the print settings are fine and the printer still prints multiple pages by itself then please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

You try to print again and if the issue persists then uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties window.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.