Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp m880z
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Good morning,

I'm writing on the forum because my department has just acquired an m880z printer, this one doesn't take the network. In the information I don't have the networks and wifi icon. I do have the eprint logo on the device. I have already done a partial cleaning, a disk formatting, installed the last firmware but nothing has changed. Thank you for your help.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

IMG_6342.jpg

HP Recommended

You don't have wireless in your printer model. You need to buy and install an external wi-fi accessory:

WIRELESS CAPABILITY
Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory

CONNECTIVITY, OPTIONAL
HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A; HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A; HP Jetdirect 2800w NFC & Wireless Direct J8029A

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your feedback, so I understand about wifi, but why doesn't it work with direct cable networks?

HP Recommended

When you connect LAN cable to the back of the printer do you have a blinking LED on a network that confirms active network? 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

when i connect Lan cable i have yellow led fix.

HP Recommended

You need to print yourself from the printers front panel configuration report or network configuration report to check did your printer assigned an IP address and can you access the printer through that IP address.

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c05439907 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

IMG_6348.jpgIMG_6349.jpgIMG_6350.jpgIMG_6351.jpg

I've already restarted several times and the problem persists.

HP Recommended

Perform Cold reset from preboot menu. Check is embedded network enabled, run memory test ( defective memory might cause an onboard LAN problem) 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Unknown.jpegI followed your recommendation, is indeed there is a memory problem impossible to finish the diagnosis in long or short, it always blocks at 99%.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.