Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp 4620 printer
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

We have an older hp 4620 printer and would like to print a single check. How do we do that?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@designbo

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want assistance in printing checks. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

Which software are you using to print checks.

Meanwhile:

Are you trying to print check from QuickBooks,

I am not trained on 3rd Party Software but I did across these steps that you can try:

Don't change Paper Types or Sizes at the printer. The QB program manages all of this.

Leave your printer set to Regular paper. That is what the Check stock is = regular sized paper.

You set QB, in File menu > Printer Setup, Checks/Paychecks. Select the paper check stock you bought. 

If you are using either of the Multi-check per page options:

Set the Partial Page, such as "single check to the side" or "single check in the center" to match your Envelope Feeder. But you are not printing Envelopes, so change NOTHING at the printer. It is just a Position setting.

And of course, a short page might be One check or Two Checks, so:

When you print checks, every time, you still Confirm if this round is a full page or partial page, and if partial page then how many on the first page, and confirm that this first "short page" is being fed correctly per that setting. Confirm this when using Print, specifically, not from Printer Setup but from that Print dialog, each time.

If you have further issues, please contact manufacturer of the software which you are using to print checks.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We will try that solution.

HP Recommended

@designbo

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Yes try the steps provided above when you find time and reply with the outcome.

I will be more than glad to assist you if required.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.