Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp color laserjet pro mfp m177fw
Chrome OS

I recently purchased a Chromebook.  I have a HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M177fw printer.  I have tried setting up the printer and when I click to print I get a message the document has printed.  But the printer is not printing it or appearing it even sees the cue to print.  I've tried wireless and with USB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let's restore the factory settings on the Printer:

1. On the product control panel, press or touch the Setup button. 2. Open the Service menu. 3. Select the Restore Defaults option, and then press or touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

Once done, try connecting the Printer to the Chromebook.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ShirlSee

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's use the Chrome App to get your Printer connected: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04683559

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I donwloaded the app as suggested.  I still can not add my printer or connect to it to print.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the app.  Tried the various ways to connect to the printer.  Tried adding using the printer IP address.  Still can't print.  It connected to the printer but nothing was happening on the printer side.

HP Recommended

Let's restore the factory settings on the Printer:

1. On the product control panel, press or touch the Setup button. 2. Open the Service menu. 3. Select the Restore Defaults option, and then press or touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

Once done, try connecting the Printer to the Chromebook.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same exact problem and this solution fixed my printing issues as well! Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.