Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP laserjet 2055

Hi.

I have a problem with my printer, It queues every documents that I am printing.

Please help me to fix this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The first, search and download "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe" file (version 6.0.0.18449) at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/hp-upd-6.0.0.18849/

Then you need to uninstall the existing drivers for the printer completely from Windows and try follow these steps (fully and excactly):

1. Turn off your printer.
  2. Go to Control panel/Programs and feature, select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  3. Now go to Control Panel/Devices and printer, select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Click the bottom-left "Start" button on desktop, type "Device manager" in the search box and tap "Device Manager" on the menu.
  6. Once in "Device manager", click on the "View" tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  7. Then from the "Device manager" list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “Uninstall” – In the confirm device uninstall popup, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  8. Also, check the entries under "Printer queue" and "Imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  9. Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  10. Under print server properties, go to “Drivers” and remove any entry there as well.
  11. Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to “Hewlett Packard” folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  12. Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 
  13. Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button. It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (you might not be able to delete all the files).
  14. Now restart your computer again.
  15. Run "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe".
  16. Turn on the printer and wait some minutes to windows find and know your printer.
  17. Restart your computer again.
  18. Now go “Devices and Printers” again, if you only see "HP Laserjet P2055 UPD PCL6" is finish.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

dungleviet

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hi Parichehr,
What's the operating system running on your PC? Windows (32bit/64bit) or Mac, ...?
HP Recommended

My OS is Windows 7(64-bit)

HP Recommended

Hi,

The first, search and download "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe" file (version 6.0.0.18449) at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/hp-upd-6.0.0.18849/

Then you need to uninstall the existing drivers for the printer completely from Windows and try follow these steps (fully and excactly):

1. Turn off your printer.
  2. Go to Control panel/Programs and feature, select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  3. Now go to Control Panel/Devices and printer, select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Click the bottom-left "Start" button on desktop, type "Device manager" in the search box and tap "Device Manager" on the menu.
  6. Once in "Device manager", click on the "View" tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  7. Then from the "Device manager" list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “Uninstall” – In the confirm device uninstall popup, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  8. Also, check the entries under "Printer queue" and "Imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  9. Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  10. Under print server properties, go to “Drivers” and remove any entry there as well.
  11. Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to “Hewlett Packard” folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  12. Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 
  13. Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button. It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (you might not be able to delete all the files).
  14. Now restart your computer again.
  15. Run "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe".
  16. Turn on the printer and wait some minutes to windows find and know your printer.
  17. Restart your computer again.
  18. Now go “Devices and Printers” again, if you only see "HP Laserjet P2055 UPD PCL6" is finish.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I just couldn't access to that FTP!

Is there another way to download that?

HP Recommended

Try search on Google with "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe"

HP Recommended
Thanks clicked "Kudos"!
I'm not worker of HP but if your problem sloved please click my post "Accept as Solution" to others fine it!
Regards,
dungleviet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.