Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung CLP-365W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am seeking help with my Samsung CLP-365W Printer. I have just replaced the black toner with a Genuine Samsung Toner. Immedeatly error messages stating all three color toners are "not compatible". The color toners are original and about 40% full. They have never given any problem. Can anyone help with advice?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi there,

may I know steps you've taken to solve the issue?

I hope your problems solved soon.
Best regards,

Bellmond
HP Recommended

I have reloaded software, cleaned terminals, etc. I have noticed that when the printer is unplugged or not, from the computer, the three color error lights come back on after turning the printer on every time. Have tried Samsung support but, they say that they do do longer support this printer.

HP Recommended

It seems that the problems is actually from your printer. Do the printer produce an error signal (blinking lights, etc) or the errors produced on your computer only?

Some steps I would do:

1. remove the non-black cartridge and print (if possible).
  2. borrow a similar printer that compatible with the cartridge code and tries there to see how it works.
  3. use another opened cartridge on your printer (so you no need to buy a brand new cartridge)

What I guess is that there's a short circuit the moment the new cartridge is being inserted, which provides an error on the machine firmware. If possible, please update your firmware from HP Support site.

Best regards,

Bellmond
HP Recommended

It appears that the error lights for the colors only come on even when the printer is diconected from the computer. So you may be correct by asumming the fault is in the printer. I have installed lastest firmware but no difference. I have tried to run the printer without the color toners but it will not run. I have run a drum reset chip but it did nothing.  I have no access to another printer or toners so it seems I will have to buy new color toners. I was hoping to avoid that, as I rarely use color and my color toners are still 45% full.  I am in a remote area so it will take a week or two by mail. I will let you know of the result.

HP Recommended

You said that you did not use your colour toner often. Possisbilities are from your colour toner. 

Sorry if being done, but, when those errors appear, can you access any function from your printer directly? If can, can you print the self-check or demo pages?

And..have you shake the colour toner repeatedly (careful not to colour-hurt your shirt) lets say 10 times. Shake it aligned with the shape of the toner, tip-to-tip.

Best regards,

Bellmond
HP Recommended

Hello. I have three color toners in the printer. all three have the error after the new black toner was installed. I cannot access any functions in the printer to print a test page. I have made many enquiries to service personal whom have not experienced this particlural problem. It may be a glitch in the printer software and I am hoping that new color cartridges will fix the problem. At this stage I will have to wait a couple of weeks for the new toners to be delivered, unless, someone on this forum has specific knowledge of this issue on the Samusng CPL-360. If someone has personal experience with this issue, please tell me how to fix it. So far it apprears to have the characteristics of malicious firm ware making the owner of the printer buy new toners when they are not empty. Thanks for the input.

HP Recommended

I see. Please update the results here.

And so sorry to ask again, how did you verify the genuine of the toner?

Best regards,

Bellmond
HP Recommended

Hello Bellmond. The new black toner was purchased as a genuine Samsung tone, in a Samsung box with Samsung Genuine Supplies Coded Seal. All the color toners are original that came with the new printer in 2014. Maybe there is a time limit on the use of these color toners. Maybe there was a bug in the new black toner that sets it off? I will let you know what happens when I get the new color toners.

HP Recommended

It's just came to my attention that we are talking about Samsung printer on HP forum. I am still want to hear the updated one to add my knowledge but for your own benefit, is it be possible to visit Samsung forum?

Best regards,

Bellmond
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.