Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 400 pro m451dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer continues to indicate there is a jam from the rear door, but as of yet, there is no paper jam. All appears to be clean and functioning, but the printer stops short of feeding the paper for print.

When the error occurs, the back door is lowered and then closed. The printer attempts to complete the print job, but fails with the same error message of paper jam, clear jam back door.

After opening and closing the back door several times, the print job completes with success, but when another print job is sent to the printer, the same issue occurs. After opening and closing the rear door several times, the print job finally completes. This has been going on for about a week.

Have researched this problem and it appears that this is a known problem with the HP 400 Pro series. Thus the reason why the printer rollers were replaced.

Make note, the Printer Roller Kit has been replaced, but yet, the printer continues to stop with the error message paper

jam from the rear door.

Configuration:

RAM: 384MB

Tray: manual, tray 2 and tray 3

Media: Ethernet

Is there something else that I could do to remedy the problem? Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I will try and assist.It might be that the paper feed clutch is not functioning properly.Open the side of the printer and find the paper feed clutch.Energize the clutch by hand and inspect if it is not sticky .Clean the clutch and retry the printer.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

Hello. Thank you for your quick response. I have searched over the weekend for "paper feed clutch", but to no avail have I found any related information regarding the procedures in removing the side cover regarding the paper feed clutch. I have a copy of the service manual and have searched other docuemtns and support sites in hopes of learning more about the paper feed clutch, but have not found anything that can help me with this. Could you provide a document or either in details of exactly the steps that are needed to conduct the procedure you mentioned in the previous post?

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

I will try and work out a easy way of reaching the part today and send you if possible a easy explanation.Maybe there might be somewhere else in the mean time that will assist,but i will look out for your post.This is not as easy to reach the part and some disassembly of the machine will be required.Just try and find in the manual the paper feed Solenoid and see where it is situated.You will need the manual if you have never done this before.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, but again, you are calling out part names that that do not exist in the service manual. There is no such item or part with the name of, "paper feed Solenoid ". I do not know much about printers, but I am an engineer and can figure many things out, but because this printer is unfamiliar to me, I need assistance in learning how to fix the "paper jam" issue. Again, thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Still waiting for your reply. If you have decided not to continue the support, then I shall move on to find other assistance. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Will you able to resolve the issue?  On my case, I can print all internal report like supply status, demo page etc. It will split out the hard copy and will give an error jam at the back. I'm not expecting the second page. So I will open and close the back cover and it will go back to ready.  So I need to do that every end of every print job. Please help expert. 

HP Recommended

Talked to HP helpdesk in reference to case #5019051316 all recommendation executed

Initial steps/action taken was to upgrade the firmware. However, it does not fix the problem. Second, replace the rear door (RC3-1665) and last the Delivery assembly (RM1-8049). Clean and rotate the feed rollers and cleaned the sensor on a paper sensor and registration sensor.

It will not generate a report on event log but on control panel only stating “Jam in output bin, Open rear door and clear the jam,” note no paper at the back. 

I ordered a fuser part # Fuser – RM1-8054-000CN and find out the sensor inside the fuser would act as a part of output sensor the said wire is connected also to the PCB of delivery assembly and thru the DC controller respectively.

Therefore, it is the fuser. In my case, the sensor flag inside the fuser will not go back to its home position.

Please follow the link below for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpYeWexcl0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.