Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to find a working link to remove the Dynamic security Feature from Printer M254Dw

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You cannot remove HP Dynamic Security, your printer is manufactured and marketed with this feature as you may find listed on its specifications:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m254dw

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

HP does have a document to specifically  address this issue but somehow it is returning error message. So there must be a way to do it

@Luv2Tch

Welcome to HP support community.

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

And the link is

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06121285

And the HP virtual bot seems to confirm its existence- see text in blue below.

So it seems there is a way

•  

HP Support result:

HP Printers - Dynamic Security Enabled Printers

Certain HP printers use cartridges that have security chips or electronic circuitry. Cartridges using a non-HP chip or modified or non-HP circuitry* may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.

As is standard in the printing business, HP has a process for authenticating cartridges. HP continues to use security measures to protect the quality of our customer experience, maintain the integrity of our printing systems, and protect our intellectual property.

•  

HP Support result:

HP Laserjet Printers - Dynamic Security Feature Affecting Cartridges Using Non-HP Security Chip

This document is for the following printers:

Series Models

HP ColorLaserJet Pro M253-M254 series, M153-M154 series, M178-M181 series, M278-M281 series HP ColorLaserJet Pro M254dn, M254dw, M254nw, M154a, M154nw, M180n, M180nw, M181fw, M280nw, M281fdn, M281fdw, M281cdw

HP LaserJet Pro M15 series, M28-M29 series HP LaserJet Pro M15a, M15w, M28a, M28w, M29w

If you see a Supply Memory error message or Er11 message or blinking printer lights indicate a Supply Memory error when you are using non-HP cartridges, it is possible that a dynamic security feature has caused the printer to reject the non-HP cartridge.

•  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.