Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there,

I have a LaserJet MFP 521 series and a lost the admin password key, therefore I can neither reset factory defaults nor access admin menu to change my network configuration. Does anybody knows a way around this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Turn off the print. Turn on while pressing you finger againt the touch scrren. Hold pressing until reset appears. All done. Everything is reseted on printer M521. You Tube has this video. Regards

HP Recommended

A super NVRAM init will clear the password. Reference this video you can see where to press and how to get it to start a super NVRAM init or permanent storage init.  You might need to re-setup the scan to email and other settings that were previously set on the device.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGmRZVFMd0

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

My problem is not a password reset, but I did try this. All the printer will do is display a flashing ready and alert light with a steady on question mark light. It will print an engine test. It will not even connect to a PC via USB. How to I get information on repair options directly with HP?? I would like information on a exchange repair option. Thank you, John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.