Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Enterprise P3015 Printer
Linux

I want to send pjl command to my printer via network. I read PJL documentation that is available on hp site 

I try to

- send pjl command in the form of file to CUPS( via lp command)

- send pjl command via telnet

- copy pjl file to lp0(device file) in Linux

- send pjl file to the printer via printfile software in wondows

But in none of these methods does the printer respond to the commands and does not recognize the commands and prints them.

how can i send pjl command to printer and get response

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

See the PJL Technical Reference Manual:

https://developers.hp.com/system/files/PJL_Technical_Reference_Manual.pdf

Here is another one specific to PCL5:

https://developers.hp.com/system/files/PCL_5_Printer_Language_Technical_Reference_Manual.pdf

Do regular print jobs work from this PC to the printer?  

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

What are you trying to achieve with the PJL command? 

If the printer is printing the PJL command set that you're sending it, then something is not right in the command string. Usually the Esc character is incorrect. If needed, I could send you a properly coded file that you could then modify to do what you want. Ideally you should use Notepad++ to edit the file without changing the Esc characters, then saving it as an unformatted file type.

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply

these documents contain syntax of pjl command but  did not specify how to send command

HP Recommended

Yes
This is great if you can send me such a file.
I will be very grateful to you.

HP Recommended

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a dropbox that has the files that should work for you. Let me know if you have any issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.