Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet M15w
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Every time I turn on my MAC there is a pop-up about cartridge authentication.  After buying the laserjet M15w last year I recently installed a new replacement HP cartridge.  Prints correctly.  Would like to stop the pop-up about cartridge authentication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dwholmes, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To disable the notifications, follow the steps below:

Go to Finder > Applications > HP > Open HP Utility > Select HP Laserjet M15w > All Settings(gear icon) > Select Message Center

Select Settings on the next screen (refer to the image below)

If you don't wish to get Notifications at all uncheck the box beside-> Show extended alerts for: 

If you only wish to receive alerts for errors but not for warnings, choose Errors Only-> Select Apply (refer to the image below)

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@dwholmes, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To disable the notifications, follow the steps below:

Go to Finder > Applications > HP > Open HP Utility > Select HP Laserjet M15w > All Settings(gear icon) > Select Message Center

Select Settings on the next screen (refer to the image below)

If you don't wish to get Notifications at all uncheck the box beside-> Show extended alerts for: 

If you only wish to receive alerts for errors but not for warnings, choose Errors Only-> Select Apply (refer to the image below)

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the helpful guidance that you've provided. This enables me to stop or control alerts, info, etc. However the pop-up msg says there's an online system to authenticate toner cartridge/s, but it's not been possible to authenticate the toner cartridges because the internet is unavailable at this curren time. This is odd because the setting-up process for my Color LaserJet was able to use my network to access the internet and to install new driver, firmware and 3rd part App. using internet via my home network.

I cannot find any help with this Toner Cartridge Authentication process. Your guidance will be appreciated.

Further to above I'm now found a fix that works for me in HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base. This fix stops the cannot authenticate cartridges without stooping all alerts. At the link below, go to Step 5 and follow the instructions.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-printer-series/14...

Toner Cartridge ALERT.jpg
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.