12-29-2019 05:37 PM
Hello, the printer does print the "HP Demo Page" from the application hp smart , the printer connected wireless to router and its ready and setted as default , but when i try to print a word file or test page i get the error “ the printer in a error state “ . i reinstalled the driver and update it , checked print spooler in services , but still not working. need help to fix this issue thanks
01-01-2020 03:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue still persists, try these steps -
Try assigning a manual IP. Refer to this video link for step by step instructions.
If the issue still persists, try adding a TCP/ IP port -
1) Print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.
2) Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.
3) Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
4) Follow the instructions to add a new port using the information listed on the Network Configuration Report.
5) Try printing.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee