Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi

I have been trying to set up instant ink for my Envy 4500 but the uk page changes to US web page in dollars and will not accept my enrollment number..

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi

I worked out that when I registered the printer the website had defaulted to the US site....so I started again with another email address and made sure that I changed to the UK site.....All sorted now.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I've got exactly the same problem and it's driving me nuts!!! I only got my new Envy 4500 and enrolment pack yesterday and I'm pleased with the printer, but the Instant Ink sign up is a nightmare and keeps booting me out of the UK and into the US site so I can't get my code accepted. I've tried to enrol on a Mac and a Windows PC so it's likely that the site is at fault.

I've submitted an email to HP Support about this so hopefully they can help me get signed up. If the HP site is at fault, then it's a pretty poor show that they haven't fixed it or acknowledged that there is a problem. If the site isn't at fault, then just a long shot but maybe my profile shows me as being in the US for some reason? Can't find anywhere in my HP Connected account to see where it thinks I am, so I'm just guessing. Whatever it is, wish they'd sort it.

HP Recommended
Hi

I worked out that when I registered the printer the website had defaulted to the US site....so I started again with another email address and made sure that I changed to the UK site.....All sorted now.
HP Recommended

Thank you - appreciate your reply. Actually since I posted, I have been hunting the forum and somebody else suggested it might be that the site (which only went to the US one after I signed in) may think it's a US email. The email address I used ended .com - so I'll do as you suggest and I'll use a .co.uk email address instead and hope that solves it. I'll update the post either way.

HP Recommended
Cool...yes my email ended in .com so that makes sense.
HP Recommended

Alas - no joy. Total nightmare. Created 2 new .co.uk email addresses & tried to just change my HP connected email addresses  but that didn't work HP still think I'm in the US. I reinstalled the printer and started from scratch, ensuring all the country fields were correct but still it thinks I'm in the US. Now the registration process is all confused because of the re-install, so it thinks my claim code is already in use and won't let me add the device. Totally infuriating.  

I'm getting really hacked off with this - all I want to do is enrol for sodding instant ink - how hard can it be!!!

HP have one of the worst sites I've had the misfortune of having to use. They don't allow you to delete an account or reset everything and start from scratch - and their coding is all wrong because it keeps assuming you are in the ******* US and wont allow you to change the location. I've spent my entire evening and most of last evening plus a mega expensive but pointless call to the HP Support switchboard at lunchtime trying to sort this out. Not a happy bunny.

HP Recommended

Another UK'er here with the same problem. Created the hp connected account with a gmail.com email, now if I go to hpinstantink.co.uk and login, it redirects me to the US pages, and won't accept the UK enrolment code.

Even clicking the language link at the bottom to change to UK English is ignored, it just resets to US English every time.

C'mon EXPERTS, please help / advise what to do!

HP Recommended

Hi pauly69, welcome to the HP Forums. It is not related to the registered email address, or the URL you start at, it is the region set on the account when it was first created. It is very easy to overlook the region when first signing up to an unfamiliar site. My first ePrint account was set to UK, and I didn't realize it until I tried to buy ink through the site. Regardless, it appears as though you will need to have your account remade with the UK set as the region, internally. I suggest you contact support: 0844 369 0369 and ask for HP Cloud Services for assistance.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

trying to enter my instant ink enrollment key code so i can order ink

HP Recommended

I have an idea.

I'll go on amazon and buy an epson.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.