Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet MFP M127fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get 4 vertical streaks when copy only when using the document feeder but not when I lift the cover and make one copy at a time directly on the glass. 

I have replaced the toner and also used pressurized air to clean inside.

Please help

Thanks

Sinclair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The small strip of glass on the left side of the scanner is likely dirty. There could be whiteout, ink, or some other substance deposited on the glass. Clean with a damp lint-free cloth.

One way to locate the contamination is to lay the bad copy on the flatbed in the same orientation as the original was fed. Trace the lines on the copy to the left to the slit glass and you will likely find the offenders.

Some contamination can be difficult to see. It sometimes helps to use a flashlight to find it. It only takes a dot to create a line.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
The small strip of glass on the left side of the scanner is likely dirty. There could be whiteout, ink, or some other substance deposited on the glass. Clean with a damp lint-free cloth.

One way to locate the contamination is to lay the bad copy on the flatbed in the same orientation as the original was fed. Trace the lines on the copy to the left to the slit glass and you will likely find the offenders.

Some contamination can be difficult to see. It sometimes helps to use a flashlight to find it. It only takes a dot to create a line.
HP Recommended

The post above is 100% correct. The best method is to spray windex on the strip and scrub hard with a soft cloth until dry. Most times the dirt or debis is a small speck of ink from a pen which gets on the glass since the paper feeds over it. It can be very hard to see even with a flashlight and if the windex does not work try and line up the printed sheet on the glass to see where on the glass the lines are coming from and use your fingernail to remove it.

HP Recommended

A big thanks to both of the above solutions from EOJTech and Davidzuts. I followed your suggestions and it worked. It removed the streaks even tho I couldn't see the culprits. Thanks again.

Sinclair

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.