Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Be the first to explore and join the conversation on our brand-new Poly Support Community Blog, Click here It's live now!!
HP Recommended
G7500
Other

Just an FYI for everyone. PolyOS 4.2.0 reverted an audio setting on the G7500. 

Audio -> Audio Input -> Playback Options. Defaulted back to 'Playback to All Locations'.

In our case, this caused constant feedback from our in-room microphone. Changing it back to 'Playback to Far Sites' solved the issue. 

Unsure if there were any other settings changed from the PolyOS 4.2.0 update. I really wish PolyOS updates would leave settings alone.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @mkeiser ,

welcome back to the HP Poly community.

I suggest you contact our Support organization in your region and quote 5123172828 / PECS-249715. Details are in my Signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, I've seen this happen a few times as well. I opened a ticket w/ Poly to understand why and make them aware of the issue and am waiting to hear back. 

HP Recommended

A similar thing happened with the 4.1.0 update as well https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Meeting-Room-Solutions/PolyOS-4-1-0-Audio-Issue-with-G7500/m-p/8846594...

It's very frustrating...

Oh, another setting that we found was reverted (to default value 5) is the 'Audio Input Level'. In the same location as the 'Playback Options'.

HP Recommended

Hello @mkeiser 

what is your HP ticket reference?

@sgreenberg  this was already reported via 5123172828 / PECS-249715

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have no idea what that means. I opened a ticket and am trying to confirm that this issue is related to the firmware version as I am fielding complaints from clients about audio feedback on their Poly systems. 

HP Recommended

I can tell you it is 100% related to the firmware update. I've had to fix it on all the G7500's we've deployed that utilize 3.5mm audio the morning after 4.2.0 was automatically updated.

HP Recommended

@sgreenberg wrote:

I have no idea what that means. I opened a ticket and am trying to confirm that this issue is related to the firmware version as I am fielding complaints from clients about audio feedback on their Poly systems. 

@sgreenberg 

The above is a ticket reference and the engineering reference so you should be able to add this to your ticket and get this through support quicker. Only if you open a support ticket you can be updated on the progress.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @mkeiser  or @sgreenberg 

PolyOS 4.2.2 was released and contains:

• 3.5 mm audio input playback options revert to default settings after a system update (EN-256068)

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.