Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-5000no

Hi there!

I bought second hand Hp omen 15-5000no laptop from bankruptcy estate firm auction.
And seller did`t know the bios password and it`s impossible to find out because its from bankruptcy auction.

When you start that laptop its immediately says: "enter administrator password or power on password. "

So is there any solution to reset bios password, open or clear etc that laptop to make it work again ? When hit three times wrong password its gives that code:
SN: [personal information removed]

I  contact earlier to hp support, but they say its not so easy to help because they need original receipt / bill, even when I told serial number etc.

ps. Sorry about my English Smiley Happy Thank you in advance! 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Please refer to the following post:

"I forgot my password can HP help me reset it"

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended
When prompted for the password, enter an incorrect password several times and it will give you a halt code, post the halt code here and we will be able to provide an override code
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****
HP Recommended

Hi,  when hit three times wrong code it gives this code: 

8CG507081T

HP Recommended
Try this code uehq1x1u3a
HP Recommended

Thanks, but that didn't work 😞    Just say "invalid password"  when I try that to "enter administrato password or power on password" 

HP Recommended
Unfortunately that limits the ways that the password can be reset, you can attempt pulling the RTC battery inside the machine, this is a little watch size battery, other than that, you'd need to go through HP directly to have them remove the password
HP Recommended
Sorry but It is not possible to reset BIOS password
HP Recommended

I got the admin/poweron password prollem. Here is my haltcode: well, mine says:
Recovery Options (System SN: [personal information removed])
Then inside a gray bar, under the first line, it says:
Insert HP SpareKey USB Recovery Key

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.