cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RavenLH
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can I upgrade my HP's Graphics card and hardware for better gaming?

HP Recommended

Hello, Im trying to play my PC games at the best settings. However, i dont know if i can Change out the internal hardware for better graphics and better frames per second. my laptop has a i7 if im not mistaken. I can playonline games such as war thunder, World of Tanks and more on medium settings with roughly 30-40FPS. please help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,533
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RavenLH

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you're unable to play games such as war thunder, World of Tanks and more on medium settings with roughly 30-40FPS on your HP laptop. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • What operating system are you using?

In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly. 

  

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• click Apply and ok...this should do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation