Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 870-129
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This desktop is on sale right now & includes "HP 2y House Call Elite/All-in-One DT SVC".

What I want to know is since there's already a 1 year warranty, does the 2 years begin after the first year of ownership? If not then this would really be adding only 1 year to the warranty.

Can someone from HP answer this please?

Thanks

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@redshore

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.I understand that you would like to know if the HP 2y House Call Elite/All-in-One DT SVC extended warranty for the HP Desktop PC - 870-129 starts after the first year of factory warranty or it starts from the day the PC is purchased. Is that correct?

Usually, the extended warranty that you buy directly from HP, starts from the day you purchase the product and not after the one year factory warranty expires.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any queries. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for clearing that up.  It's good to know there are HP Reps on here.

Your reply helps me decide how I'm going to move ahead with a new pc purchase, much appreciated.

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
HP Recommended

@redshore

The pleasure is all mine,
I'm glad I could be of assistance in making up your mind

Let me know if there's anything else I could help you with, going forward.

And good luck with the new computer. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.