Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN W005NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, recently this morning i was playing rust, and then i relaised my keyboard is really really hot, asin feels like burning to the touch, so i downloaded SpeedFan and OHM and i was shcoked to see the temperatures fluctuating, and then i see my GPU's fan speed is at 110-160RPM is this normal? I've had numerous issus with this laptop and i havent even dropped it nor banged it, wether or not it was damaged being delivered or anything as it currently has a failed hard drive, were arranging a pickup but is this Fan Temp and Speed normal?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Ect0, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that the temperature is hitting 80C while playing the game on your laptop.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Intel mobile CPU's can get really hot without taking any (immediate) damage (for example, the junction temp on your CPU is 105C. That means that's the hottest temp that the actual internal transistors can reach without taking damage. However, this number is somewhat higher than the external temperature (like 10C- maybe more for ivy) for the CPU, which is what CPU-z reads. So you don't want CPU-z to say 105C.), and GPU's are much more heat resistant than CPU's. The only thing I would suggest is to try changing some power management settings.

While playing games the temperature might go high depending on the number of processes that is running on your PC.

Try updating BIOS and graphics driver on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update BIOS.

Also, update graphics driver using this link.

If the issue still persists after updating the drivers, it is a hardware issue.

As you mentioned you are shipping the laptop in for service.

Don't worry service technicians will completely check your PC and fix the problem.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.