Level 2
11 7 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Big problems printing with Android

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Screenshot_20201013-140551.jpgGood day everyone.

Starting today, both my Samsung tablet and phone can't print. This is the screen that I get. My phone SM-A520W has the version 8.0.0. My tablet SM-T350 has the version 7.1.1.

I tried to uninstall and install again both HP smart print and Samsung print. Nothing worked.

I also restarted my gadgets and the problem is still there.

Will somebody guide me to solve this trouble ?

Thank you so much

Danielle Dallaire 

P.S. my mother tongue is French.

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,558 32,138 5,523 12,986
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This seems to occur due to an Android update,

Please open the Play Store and access your apps, locate the Android System Webview and uninstall its latest updates, you should see the option within the 3 dots menu when you open it.

Be aware that I am sharing the experience from my personal knowledge and you may try it at your own risk, see below discussion from Samsung's forums, many users reporting this to cause printing issues, regardless of the printer manufacturer:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/wireless-email-print-not-working/m-p/1463466

If you need an assistant with the process, please contact your phone service provider.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DanyDallaire
Author
Level 2
11 7 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply

I don't seem to have that file on my phone. It is a A5 (2017). 

The last update is from August 2020.

I looked as you asked in Play store and couldn't find that file. 

Do you have another idea ?

Thanks and have a nice day

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation