Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET PRO 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP  OFFICEJET PRO  9010    I  DON`T  WANT  TO  SIGN  UP  TO  CLOUD  PRINTING    IN  THE  MEAN  TIME  MY  SCANNER  WON`T WOORK  BECAUSE  OF  THE  CLOUD  PRINTING

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @WILDFIRE3,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. Could you share the exact you're receiving?
  2. What application are you using to scan?
  3. Are you able to print using the printer?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I had same issue and called HP Cloud support and got it fixed. I have USB connection (which is the WIFI Direct printing) and I also did not want to sign into cloud just to scan. I want to scan without internet/cloud. Well it turns out the cloud sign-in is just to sync everything and it is a one time thing; once I signed in, then scanned a document and saved it (this is the process to sync) I closed the HP Smart App and opened it again and did not have to sign in to scan. The HP Cloud Tech Rep talked me thru this quick short process. So basically it is not the Cloud we are using to scan normally, the cloud process is a one time process so things can sync. In my case I did it a year ago when I first set up printer (just forgot I had did so), so today for some reason when I went to scan it wanted me to sign into cloud..so I mistakenly thought now I had to use cloud every time I scanned.  Maybe a recent update caused me to have to do it again who knows? So once you do this one cloud sign-in step to sync things, you can scan without signing in and you are not using the cloud to scan. It was an easy fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.