Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Office jet 7612 with a working wireless connection.

When I try to Enable Web Services it takes me through the steps on my LCD screen, but then says "Web Services could not be enabled".

What do I do now?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Same problem here. 

Brand new HP 7612.... wired connection to my router.

I can scan and print from other machines in the network but if I try to enable web services it fails..

Either from Printer Panel or EWS.

Spent hours on the phone with HP support and they can't figure out neither.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Rod

HP Recommended

Hello @TP9-_, Greetings!

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing web-services issue. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Let’s try assigning a manual DNS address to your printer. This normally fixes the issue. Please follow the below-mentioned steps:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the manual IP - Suggest a manual IP.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Please let me know whether that works for you. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks, Rod. Sorry to hear you have problems too.

I am at a loss. If HP can't solve problems with their own machines what chance do we have? I hope they are very embarrassed. Do they read these posts?

I haven't yet even been able to find a number to ring them on (within the UK)- just keep going round and round on their hopeless web based support (which I seem to be able to get reams of!).

If I get anywhere, I'll put another post on.

Good luck

Tony

HP Recommended

Hello @TP9-_,

Did you try the steps I provided in my above post?

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

Good luck!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have spent two hours on the phone and remote session with HP UK support.

They did set the IP LAN settings for manual, reboot the device and it failed again.

They have also performed a soft-reset, full-reset and it failed again.

Any advice would be great please?

Rod

HP Recommended

Was this issue ever resolved?  I just purchased an OJ7612 and I am fighting the same problem.  I tried the solution to set the static addresses as recommended in the earlier thread but with no luck.  Please let me know.

Cheers!

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi DVortex!  I tried your recommendation for the Web Services not enabled problem on my new OJ 7612 unit without success.  Is there any other solution that has been documented for this problem?  The web-based printing are critical to my business and a primary reason for purchasing this product and I'd hate to have to return.  Any further help is appreciated.

Cheers!

Jim 

HP Recommended

I had the exact same issue.  My computer was connecting and printing fine.  Just no Web Services.  I'm not a printing tech expert but here is how I think I fixed the issue.  (At least it says I'm connected to web services now).  I Used my computer to download the HP asssistant thing.  It scanned and recomended a firmware update.  I figured it might need one because this model is not brand new.  I did the firmware update install and tried connecting to web services and it worked.  Firmware version EXM1CN1615AR.  Good Luck!

HP Recommended

This not working for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.