Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer series
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Hi I was trying to use my Android phone to print something but it failed to find the wireless printer via the wireless network.

I also tried to open Chrome on my phone to try to access the Embedded Web Server of the wireless printer directly via its IP address 192.168.252.114, but it failed too saying the address is unreachable.

To make sure I was on the same network, I tried to visit the router setup page 192.168.252.123 and it worked. In the "connected wireless devices" page I could see the wireless printer IP address 192.168.252.114 and its MAC address as well as my phone's IP address 192.168.252.124 and its MAC address.

To make sure it was not the network issue I tried to use my PC to print to the wireless printer and it worked. Tried to access the Embedded Web Server and it succeed too.

Back to the phone it still could not find the printer nor reach the Embedded Web Server page. However, Wi-Fi Direct (i.e. not via wireless network) worked.

Both HP Print Service and HP Smart were installed on my Android phone.

Please help as I do not want to turn on location and connect via Wi-Fi Direct

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @NewHere

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are having problems printing from your Android Phone.

I could help.

Let's restore the Network Defaults on your Printer.

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

Next update the Printer Firmware from Here. You will need to use your computer for the Firmware update.

Then assign a Static IP Address from your computer.

1) Print a Network configuration page and Note the IP Address.

2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Disconnect your phone from your Wireless Network and restart the phone.

Then try connecting back again

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I tried on another new Android phone and everything worked in a snap. Just installed the HP print service on Google Play Store, then instantly I could see the HP wireless printer.

So really, nothing wrong with the printer nor the printer settings I guess, but now I don't have any clue anymore why the old phone did not work on connecting via home wireless network but only on wifi direct...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.