LongTimeGeek
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cannot print use cloud printing unless a separate PC is turned on

HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have an ePrint-enabled OfficeJet Pro 8600 that I set up with a static IP address. Yes, it is ePrint configured because I can print off the sheet with the e-mail address. It is also configured in Google Cloud Print because it shows up there.

The printer is connected to my network via Ethernet, so it is not dependent on any PC's USB connection. However, I cannot print to it when I'm not at home unless my main PC is turned on.  If my PC is turned off (which is usually is when I'm not at home), the printer shows up in Google Cloud Print as offine. This makes absolutely no sense to me because the printer is connected via an Ethernet cable, not USB, and it is already set up for ePrint/Cloud Print! Why does my main PC have to be turned on in order to utilize Cloud Print? 

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,488 21,475 1,299 1,322
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LongTimeGeek

Welcome to HP Community

I suggest you update the Printer Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Are you having problems with ePrint or both ePrint and Google Cloud Print?

Keep me posted 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation