Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, this has been driving me crazy for months. I use to have my printer connected to WiFi and disabled WiFi Direct, etc. Today, when I woke it up, I could not connect to it. This happens all the time, much to my frustration, but eventually it connects but not today, of course, when I need it. I can ping it from my router but not from my computer which doesn't make any sense. I tried turning off the firewall and still nothing. All the HP software/tools cannot contact it. I eventually found the Ethernet port which I didn't know it had. HA! I decided to connect up that way. Faster and more stable. NOPE!!! same issue. I can ping the statically assigned IP address from my router but not from my computer! I'm beginning to think that there is something wrong with the network interface on the printer. ALL of my other devices work fine. I have a Netgear switch between the printer and my router but, the printer is connected to that very same switch. Technically, if I can reach the router, and so can the printer then I should be able to talk to the printer from my computer. But NOooooooo. Even with the firewall off. Here's another thing interesting. Once I chanced over to the wired connection, it downloaded and installed the latest firmware. It couldn't do that when it was connected via WiFi. So now it has the latest firmware yet still cannot communicate with my computer. The intermittent connectivity has been going on for years. I just thought it was a little slow to wake up. Now, I'm not that convinced anymore. This thing is getting dangerously close to a 20lb sledgehammer. 😡

I'm guessing the warranty is long out of date too.

Anyone else have this trouble?

If so, what did you do to resolve it other than getting a different printer.

Thank you in advance,

Matt B

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MBabich, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.