Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wireless printing stopped working after 2 years, so I deleted the driver.

I downloaded driver from HP, bought a wire, did a wired install, and printed a test page OK.

Windows 10 recognized "HP Envy", so I used the operating system to remove the old "HP Envy (Network)"  to avoid a naming confusion.

However, the Chrome browser still remembered the old  "HP Envy (Network)."

My only other workaround under Chrome is (Step 1) to save a PDF on my hard disk, and (Step 2) to print the same PDF, if I can find it,  using the operating system.

Is there some way to get my NetGear access point to enable a seamless, one-step ePrint solution ?     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
From Google Chrome open the print dialog, then press the Change button.
Select your printer from the list instead the default Save as PDF option and try printing again.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,
From Google Chrome open the print dialog, then press the Change button.
Select your printer from the list instead the default Save as PDF option and try printing again.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
It worked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.