Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HO Desk Jet 3634
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I open the app on my computer to scan documents, I get a box that reads:

Windows Security

HP Smart

The server xxx.xxx.x.xxx is asking for your username and password. The server repoerts that it si from Tivo DVR.

I have used this printer to scan lots of times and never did this come up.  I never set up for username or password.  How do I get by this????????

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Damian2614

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that the app is asking for the login details.

You have also mentioned that you never set any username and password for the app.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before contacting Forum?

Are you using WiFi directly to print? if not make sure the WiFi direct is turned off.

Make sure the printer has connected the printer?

Because HP Smart is no ware related to Tivo DVR.

Try to print from the computer and let me know if this works?

Let me know how it works.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Having the same problem with the HP Smart App

As soon as I open it, I get a pop up that says Windows Security HP Smart The server 192.168.xx.xxx (which is my router address) is asking for your user name and password.  The server reports that it is from TiVo DVR.  I don't even know what user name and password it wants?

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it.  That seemed to work.

HP Recommended

I just ran into this bizarre problem today.  My guess is that HP Smart is looking for available printers, and my TIVO (which is on the same network) is responding to the scan by asking for credentials.  I noticed my HP Smart had an inactive printer (because I travel and print from multiple sites), and I think the software was trying to contact it.  I removed the inactive printer, and the credential prompts went away.  It's not an elegant solution - but at least for now, I'm not blocked.   I wonder if there is a setting in tivo that can help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.