Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet MFP M477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've found this same "Connection error.  Check Internet connection." problem posted for many older printers going back many years, and usually unresolved. Now I have the same issue with my brand new MFP 477fnw so I'll add it to the problem pile. Latest firmware is installed on printer and router. Printer is connected wirelessly and works perfectly EXCEPT the connection to the internet. Network is operating fine for all other connected devices, including 3 web-enabled TVs, 2 Android phones, 1 BlackBerry, 3 laptops, an Android tablet, an iPad, 2 Blu-ray sets, an Amazon Fire TV Stick, and even a Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat. The printer is the only device in the house that can't connect to the Internet! One proposed solution suggested connecting the CAT-5 cable to the router, but that didn’t work, as the built-in Wireless Network Test Report shows a conflict because the wire cable can’t be connected at the same time as wireless is enabled. Router info: Linksys/Cisco Max-Stream AC2200 (EA8300).

Already tried unplugging and rebooting cable modem (COX), router and printer (more than once).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED. Finally got it working using a solution offered for “Re: HP Color LaserJet MFP M277n CONNECTED TO NETWORK, SHOWS NO INTERNET CONNECTION”. I had tried it once previously but perhaps trying it again AFTER rebooting my cable modem, router and printer made the difference.

Still RIDICULIOUS that HP has not provided a fix for this other than creating a headache for so many of their loyal customers having to hunt down a solution or go through tech support!!!

The solution that worked is below, copied from other page for convenience.

(Source page: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-Color-LaserJet-MFP-M277n-CONNECTED-TO-NETWORK-SHO... )

1. On your computer open an internet browser and enter the printer's IP address in the address bar. This will bring up the Embedded Web Server page (EWS).
  2. At the top of the page select Networking.
  3. From the left hand side, select Network Identification.
  4. Under the section for DNS, under Primary (IPv4) enter 8.8.8.8, under Secondary (IPv4) enter 8.8.4.4
  5. Select Apply at the bottom of the screen.
  6. Try enabling the web services again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

SOLVED!  Finally got it working using a solution offered for “Re: HP Color LaserJet MFP M277n CONNECTED TO NETWORK, SHOWS NO INTERNET CONNECTION” which I had tried previously, but perhaps trying it again AFTER rebooting my cable modem, router and printer made the difference.

Still RIDICULIOUS that HP has not provided a fix for this other than creating a headache for so many of their loyal customers having to hunt down a solution or go through tech support!!!

The solution that worked is below, copied from the other page for convenience.

(Source page: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-Color-LaserJet-MFP-M277n-CONNECTED-TO-NETWORK-SHO... )

1. On your computer open an internet browser and enter the printer's IP address in the address bar. This will bring up the Embedded Web Server page (EWS).
  4. Under the section for DNS, under Primary (IPv4) enter 8.8.8.8, under Secondary (IPv4) enter 8.8.4.4
HP Recommended

SOLVED. Finally got it working using a solution offered for “Re: HP Color LaserJet MFP M277n CONNECTED TO NETWORK, SHOWS NO INTERNET CONNECTION”. I had tried it once previously but perhaps trying it again AFTER rebooting my cable modem, router and printer made the difference.

The solution that worked is below, copied from other page for convenience.

HP Recommended

The solution you gave was for the 277 NOT 477

HP Recommended

same issue with our brand new M477 - needed to use the alternative details suggested in the original post and then voila!. Strange as connected initially without any change to DNS but then failed - but this fixed it  - otherwise the easiest and most straightforward to setup networked MFC I have ever experienced - Brilliant HP!
"If still unable to connect, try entering 209.244.0.3 for the Primary (IPv4), and 209.244.0.4 for the Secondary (IPv4)"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.