Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630 All-in-one Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

printer name :- HP Deskjet 3630 All-in-one Printer series

Operating system - Windows 10 64 bit

Hp Instant Ink subscription

Country - United Kingdom

Active subscription :- 2016 till date

Url :- https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/

On successful login to the account despite the printer being connected to the machine via USB.

Status on Hp Instant ink displays error message Cannot connect to printer now.
Try again later

HPInstantInkStatusError04December2018.JPG

Please help resolve this as new printer cartridges need to be delivered to my address and due to this Status errors.

Unable to receive new cartridges for my  printer 

Himanshu Shah

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @hspro71, Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand you have issues connecting to the instant ink account and you are getting an error cannot connect to printer now.

Don't worry I'll try my best to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any error states present during the printer setup.

Try the steps recommended below.

• Restart the printer: Restarting the printer can clear possible error conditions.

• Restart the router: Restarting your router can clear any connection issues. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.

• Confirm your printer is connected: Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active Internet connection.

This condition occurs when Web Services is turned on, but the printer is not connected to the Web Services server. Use the printer Embedded Web Server (EWS) to enable Web Services, and then set up automatic printer updates to make sure your printer has the most up-to-date functionality. Periodic printer updates are required to use Web Services.

1. Load plain white paper in the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Wireless  and Information  buttons at the same time.

A Network Configuration Page prints.

3. Find the IP address on the page.

Figure : IP address on the Network Configuration Page

IP address on the Network Configuration Page
  4. Type the IP address into the address bar of an Internet browser, and then press Enter.

The EWS opens in the browser.

Figure : Example of an IP address in a browser address bar

Example of IP address in browser address bar
  5. From the Home tab, click Web Services.

6. Under the Web Services Settings section, click Setup, and then click Continue.

7. Check both boxes to accept the terms of use and enable Web Services, and then click Next.

The printer searches for updates and then automatically prints a Web Services information page.

note:

For more information, go to Setting Up and Using HP ePrint.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot web services issue on your printer. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer not found on the network issues. Click Here

If you still have issues after trying out the steps, please share few instant ink details through a private message. So I can check the account details and help you out with your issue.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Printer serial number-

Shipping address-

Let me know how this works!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried troubleshooting steps 1 to Steps 7

They don't work and hence request HP Instant Ink to dispatch black and colour cartridges as they have 1 bar each on  the printer display  panel.

HP Instant Ink, Details have been sent in a private message.

HP Recommended

@hspro71, Thanks for writing back to us.

I appreciate your efforts for sharing the account details.

I have checked the account details and the printer is offline. Looks like the printer is not connected to the internet.

Try updating the printer and router firmware to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

Also, Try the steps recommended below to assign a manual IP to your printer.

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Device firmware has been installed by downloading it from the link provided.

'i' info icon on printer still blinks orange 

The I.P address when typed into the browser it comes back with error message cannot connect

Do provide steps to turn the status to printer online on my instantink hp account

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.