Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 3 PCs and an iPhone on my WiFi with the HP 3830 printer. All devices except this HP desktop cannot print to it. HP Print and Scan Doctor and windows 10 troubleshooter says everything is fine and working but when I try to print to it, I get an error and no print. It can scan fine from this unit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.

If there are any pending documents, right-click the printer and select See what's printing.

From the top Printer menu select Cancel All Documents and confirm.

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP and delete the Diagnostics folder.

Download and follow below version of Print and Scan Doctor:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Make sure the correct printer is the default one, not the one which marked as Scan Only (Do not delete) and then try printing:

May you now see any difference while printing?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which exact error is shown when you try to print?

When you launch the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility, which exact version is listed? (e,g, 5.0.5, 5.3, etc.)

HP Recommended

The error appears when I go to the "see whats printing" menu. "Error" and no output. The version of HP Print and Scan Doctor is 5.3.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.

If there are any pending documents, right-click the printer and select See what's printing.

From the top Printer menu select Cancel All Documents and confirm.

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP and delete the Diagnostics folder.

Download and follow below version of Print and Scan Doctor:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Make sure the correct printer is the default one, not the one which marked as Scan Only (Do not delete) and then try printing:

May you now see any difference while printing?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.