Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I cannot print using the HP app despite being able to do so previously! I am trying to use the HP eprint app from a Nexus 7 and also a Galaxy S7 and it is being sent to the printer but it just hangs with the message 'Now printing' but nothing happens! All settings are in order as far as I'm aware, the printer is visible on both devices. This is so frustrating. Please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BS6

Thanks for reaching HP Support Forums.

This is the one stop for all technical solutions. 

Maybe I can help you with this. I understand that you can’t print using the HP app.

Please follow these instructions:

Step 1: Check the Android device, printer, and network status

Make sure your Android device, printer, and network are working correctly and ready for printing.

• Confirm your Android device is connected to the network: On your Android device, open the Wi-Fi settings and make sure your device is connected to the network you want to connect the printer to.
  • Confirm that the printer is on and connected to the network: The printer might be in sleep mode, power saving mode, or turned off. Touch or press a button on the printer control panel to wake the printer. To confirm your printer connection, select your connection type.
    • Wireless network connection: On the printer, make sure the light next to the Wireless icon is either on and steady, or blinking. If the wireless light is not on or blinking, press the Wireless button or open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on.
    • Wired network connection: Check that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port  and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
  • Make sure the app you are trying to print from supports the option to print. Look for a Print icon to confirm the app supports printing.
  • Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and your Android device closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.
  • Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

What if I cannot print to my printer?

Hope this helps.

I will be waiting for your reply. 

GeekMak
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BS6

Thanks for reaching HP Support Forums.

This is the one stop for all technical solutions. 

Maybe I can help you with this. I understand that you can’t print using the HP app.

Please follow these instructions:

Step 1: Check the Android device, printer, and network status

Make sure your Android device, printer, and network are working correctly and ready for printing.

• Confirm your Android device is connected to the network: On your Android device, open the Wi-Fi settings and make sure your device is connected to the network you want to connect the printer to.
  • Confirm that the printer is on and connected to the network: The printer might be in sleep mode, power saving mode, or turned off. Touch or press a button on the printer control panel to wake the printer. To confirm your printer connection, select your connection type.
    • Wireless network connection: On the printer, make sure the light next to the Wireless icon is either on and steady, or blinking. If the wireless light is not on or blinking, press the Wireless button or open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on.
    • Wired network connection: Check that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port  and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
  • Make sure the app you are trying to print from supports the option to print. Look for a Print icon to confirm the app supports printing.
  • Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and your Android device closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.
  • Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

What if I cannot print to my printer?

Hope this helps.

I will be waiting for your reply. 

GeekMak
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Apologies for the delay in replying, but I was away for a few days. I think the problem was the last of your bullet points above. I had to enable the 2.4 GHz on my router and it printed fine! Many thanks for your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.