Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Tango
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to link my new HP Tango printer to Alexa using the HP Printer Skill in Amazon.  When I enter the printer claim code it shows as Expired.  I followed the steps to Disable and Enable the Web Services, and received a new Printer Claim code.  I entered the new code and same thing, it shows as expired.  I've tried this numerous times with the same result.  Any suggestions on how I can link this to Alexa with my Echo Show?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SARAH987
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but that didn't work.  I've done those steps multiple times and every time after I print out the new claim code it again shows as "Expired"

HP Recommended

@SARAH987

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this:

Press and hold (the Wi-Fi button) on the back of the printer for at least three seconds. Then the printer enters the Auto Wireless Connect (AWC) setup mode. It keeps searching and waiting for the HP Smart app to connect within about two hours, and then stops searching and then reconnect the printer.

Keep me posted

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.