Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M127
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There.

Until a few weeks ago, i regularly used the Scan to Mail service without any issue. SInce the beginning of November, it stopped working without any apparent cause (no changes in my home network nor in my provider setup). I tried to reinitialize the printer, but now the problem is even worse, as all the web services are locked the same way:  when I try to enable them, the printer remains in "Connecting..." status indefinitely.

I saw several posts in the forum showing the same problem, but none of proposed solutions worked for me (neither hard disconnecting, nor setting a static Google DNS). Finally i tried to upgrade the printer firmware: I saw there was an upgrade dated November 2020 (hmmm...the time it stopped working...), so i downloaded and installed it. Unfortunately, despite the upgrade procedure terminated properly, the firmware date showed by the printer is still June 2016. Needless to say, the problem with web services persists.

So now I have two problems, maybe related, maybe not:

1) Cannot connect to web services (looks like a DNS problem, but it persists also with a static DNS 8.8.8.8)

2) Cannot upgrade the firmware (although the procedure says it did)

Can anyone help me? I find the Scan to Mail absolutely useful, so I would really like having it working again!

Thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please make sure there are no pending documents in the printer queue (See what's printing) and run the HP Firmware Update Utility from your computer again, allow it to complete the process and check if you may see any difference then,

If it still fails and the Datecode remain the same, temporarily connect the printer to the PC with a USB connection and run the update again, check if you may see any difference then.

The firmware update would likely be the key to resolve the problem.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, your suggestion did not solve the problem. Just to be on the safe side, I reinstalled printer drivers (fresh download from HP ste); then I ran the Frimware Update Utility twice: I saw the printer successfully detected (via USB), so I selected it and launched the update; the update utility completed saying it was ok, but the datecode on the printer did not change (2016). And of course HP Web Services are still unavailable.

Any other hints?

Thanks in advance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.