6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP connect claim code

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased an OfficeJet Pro 8710 and am trying to add it to HP Connect. When I enter my claim code I get an error message saying "The printer is already claimed. In order to claim this printer, its previous ownership must be deleted." What can I do about this. I currently have no printers in my HP connected account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,595 32,174 5,525 13,015
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Swipe your finger from the top to the bottom of the screen to open its dashboard, then tap the HP ePrint icon.

Tap Settings and select Remove Web Services, confirm and prompt.

Next tap the same HP ePrint icon and follow the steps to re-enable web services, then use the newly printed claim code.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,595 32,174 5,525 13,015
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Swipe your finger from the top to the bottom of the screen to open its dashboard, then tap the HP ePrint icon.

Tap Settings and select Remove Web Services, confirm and prompt.

Next tap the same HP ePrint icon and follow the steps to re-enable web services, then use the newly printed claim code.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

sprcoop
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Removing and re enabling web services did not work for me and many others.  I just spent an hour on the phone with HP.  The fix was to "halfway" sign up for HP Instant Ink. https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/ don't finish (unless you want to) so you won't be actually signed up but it does add your printer to your HP account.  That way you can change the eprint email address which is all I wanted.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation