Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 Mobile All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I setup my HP 250 using the wireless wizard to connect to my office wifi. Then when I went home I connected it to my home wifi.  Now today when I came in to work, the HP 250 said I was offline and didn't remember my office networks password, and I had to manually reenter it. I need the printer to reconnect automatically to available networks that I've previously entered the passwords for. No different than an iphone. How do I do this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Iphone is a smart device, a printer is "stupid" device you need to connect it every time if you change a network.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer can only have one wireless network configured, a printer is very different than an iPhone.

You may use WiFi Direct instead to connect directly to the printer wirelessly for printing purposes:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04577030

As long as you switch networks, you must run the wireless setup wizard to connect the printer to the required network.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

So I'm attempting to setup Wifi direct....which doesn't work because a driver is unavailable....i'm installing the HP Easy Start and this is what's taking place with my CPU: cpu usage.PNG

HP Recommended

I now have Wifi direct operational....but, this is an even worse option, because I have to disconnect from the internet to use it AND print jobs are taking over 1 minute.

Behind Wifi curtain #1 we have a printer that can't remember simple network passwords and then behind Wifi curtain #2 we have no internet access and snail slow printing. Some choices....

I'm strongly considering sending this (obviously) obsolete printer back to whence it came.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.