cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kcarden
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I am having connection issues between my printer and devices. Pop up says printer is busy

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
iOS

The connection to AirPrint is not working. The printer says that it is connected to our WiFI but when I send a job nothing happens, it does not come up into the printer que, and in a few minutes I get a pop up that says the printer is busy. Can someone

walk me through how to make the devices communicate? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,719 18,696 1,536 1,511
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kcarden, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you are unable to print from the computer to the printer, let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-

Is the printer connected wirelessly to the computer?

Did you check the print queue if there are any pending jobs?

Is there any antivirus/security software installed on the computer?

Could you check if other devices connected to the printer has any pending jobs?

Meanwhile, restart the devices and try printing.

Ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation