Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3630
iOS
I set up my printer and I tried on my phone to connect it to wifi and it wouldn't work so I unplugged it and moved it closer to the wifi. Now the wifi that has the word 'setup' in it has disappeared and the only up wifi there is requires a password which I don't know
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer  has a wifi direct feature which is enabled by pressing the wifi direct button on the front panel. This allows you to connect directly to the printers own wifi via a password. When you search for wifi networks on your ios device,  you'll see the printer wifi name - to get the password fo rthis hold down the wifi direct button on the front panel for more than secs and it should print off on plain paper for you.

The other option for connecting wirelessly (and the more efficient way if you have a router) is to connect both your ios device and printer to your home wifi network. You will need to connect your printer to a windows or mac to establish this connection - I've inclued a link to the setup instructions for each below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/how-to

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer  has a wifi direct feature which is enabled by pressing the wifi direct button on the front panel. This allows you to connect directly to the printers own wifi via a password. When you search for wifi networks on your ios device,  you'll see the printer wifi name - to get the password fo rthis hold down the wifi direct button on the front panel for more than secs and it should print off on plain paper for you.

The other option for connecting wirelessly (and the more efficient way if you have a router) is to connect both your ios device and printer to your home wifi network. You will need to connect your printer to a windows or mac to establish this connection - I've inclued a link to the setup instructions for each below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/how-to

"

HP Recommended
Thank you
HP Recommended

Gald I could help  :generic:

"

HP Recommended

my printer not recognizing my wifi

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.